So many things change in a year. For me, 2017 was a year of craziness, distractions from writing, disenchantment, and maturation. I actually feel older, which is good. I know that I can handle more things now, and I’m aware that I need to relax more. A full day is a good day, but you can fill it without forgetting to take a breathe.
My writing goal for 2018
- Write for an hour every day (not an easy task in college)
- Read for fun for at least thirty minutes
- Listen to a lyric-less song every night before bed and let my mind wander (basically an imagination exercise)
- Fill my life with awe
- Feel deeply
- Don’t be afraid to write trash
- Be spontaneous
- Remember that there’s more to life than the mundane, everyday stuff
It’s easy to let our goals slip away from us, to get distracted by the now. But the only way to get to your goal is to direct your present actions towards it. Let your actions today guide you towards tomorrow so that this time next year, you can see how far you’ve come. Happy New Year!