If you’re single, let me know if anyone comes to mind when you read these.
If you’re in a relationship, I speak for everyone when I say, don’t do these in front of other people.
- Baby talk- I would list this five times and it still wouldn’t be enough to express how annoying it is. You aren’t five. Baby talk in private all you want, but no one else wants to listen to it.
- Being clingy- This counts physically and emotionally. Just because you are in a relationship doesn’t mean you lose your identity. You don’t need to hold hands and cuddle every second you are together, especially in public. No one appreciates PDA.
- Ditching friends for your SO- Your SO can’t replace your friends. One day you’ll look up and wonder where your friends are. If you hang out with your SO more than your friends, what happens when you and your SO break-up? You realize how much time you could’ve been spending with friends instead.
- Using social media to express your love- Relationships are supposed to be private. That’s why celebrity relationships are strained and end fairly quickly. Remember, if you post a bunch of lovey photos on social media, you’ll have to do something about them if you guys break-up. Is it worth it? Absolutely not.
- Getting engaged in high school or early college- I never considered teenagers getting engaged so early until I came to Kentucky. You’ve barely seen the world; how can you know that you want to spend the rest of your life with someone? If you go from living with family to living with a spouse, you’ve never been independent. What happens if your spouse passes away or you can’t work out your differences and get divorced? You’ll be alone for the first time in your life. Learn to walk on your own before you walk with someone else.